Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Peek at the Halloween & Vine!...

Gathering from the emails I have received, I know that many of you are anxious to see photos from the fabulous Halloween & Vine! Well, get ready :) I must admit, I have spent several hours just preparing these images, so I hope you enjoy them. This annual show is so unique, that it's my pleasure to share with you a glimpse into this year's festivities. As always, it flies by so fast that I never see everything I want to see nor do I have a chance to photograph everything that I want to capture. Or in some cases, the photos turn out like a big silly blur, so I'm featuring the best images I have to offer. Let's hope other artists do the same. Of course, I recommend attending the show if you really want to experience the sights and sounds for yourself! See you there next year, I hope!..... ENJOY!

~ Johanna ( PS: You can click on the majority of the photos to enlarge them! )

* One of two of my original standing owls that quickly flew out the door...


* That's me in my silly striped leggings standing in front of my table right before the doors opened!...


* A fun photo of JP and myself taken from the inside of our booth looking out! Thank You to the kind mystery man who took this happy pic!...

* There's my sweetie JP posing before the show started...


* A couple of my latest original vase designs. I call them "base chamber vases" as they have a secret compartment on the underside along with another place to stash goodies up top!... I hope their new owners enjoyed my little notes inside :)


* A festive pic of the grand hall with William Bezek's fine table of delights in the foreground!...


* Love this expressive gourd-like character created by Scott Smith of Rucus
Studio!...


* A wide view of Scott Smith's harvest-themed spread...


* Wonderfully fun Halloween characters by Laurie Harden! What a treat it was to finally meet her and see her highly detailed creations in person...


* A colorful snap of Allen Cunningham's whimsical goods, gone in a flash!...


* Another angle within the Hermann Son's Hall with Suzie Scott Studio's delightful table in the foreground...


* A peek at Ginny Betourne's comical Halloween creations that always make me chuckle!...


* A burst of color on Jorge de Rojas' fabulous table... My eyes were drawn to this spinning display holder filled with yummy looking shakers...


* A peek at Christy Silacci's fun-filled characters perching high and low...


* An adorable black cat by Lori Ann Corelis proudly stands atop an old top hat...


* A fun collection of Halloween delights created by master metal-worker, Nancy Aldabe of Nancy's Metal Art...


* One of Nicol Sayre's dear vintage inspired dolls holding the most wonderful parasol...


* A grouping of Nicol's wonderful art dolls takes you back in time....


* Bright whimsical faces on Sharon Bloom's table just make you smile!...


* Spooky fun characters cluster together on Katherine Webber's table...


* Another angle of the Hall with Vergie Lightfoot's fantastical display in the foreground!...

* A close up on one of Vergie's amazing black cats!...


* A quirky fun pair of jack-o'-lantern folks by whimsical artist Kerry Howard-Schimdt...


* And me once again, taking a deep breath, happy to be ready! (after months and months and months of work!)...
SaveSave

30 comments:

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

Thanks for this lovely post. I feel as though I were there...except I still have all my money in my pocket!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing your fun with us. I would love to go to that but I would need tons of money and a new room to hold it all. And you look so cute in your stockings.
Have a blessed Sunday...Tracy :)

Breathing In Grace said...

I'm not really into decorating for Halloween...but...I would love to own EVERY SINGLE OWL you create..they're adorable!!! Of course...I'm a bit into owls!!! You're so artistic!!!!

Tristan Robin said...

wow - what a spectacular event! I certainly do wish I could have attended - what fun!

Your booth/table looks elegantly spooky - and you and your husband are one dandy looking couple!

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Wow - that looked like so much fun! Thanks for sharing all those great photos. I think I would have gone broke if I had actually been able to attend! ;) Theresa

Christopher A. Klingler said...

GREAT post & pictures Johanna! Thanks 4 sharing them with us!

Everything looked VONDERFUL & loved your outfit replete with the B&W striped stockings...2 FUN! '-)

Chris

magikalseasons said...

Thank you for posting all these Spooktacular pictures! It's pure Halloween Magic to see so many talented Artists in one place! :)
BTW love those tights you had on very witchy!

Jorge de Rojas said...

Hey Johanna,
It's wonderful that you were able to take all those pics of everyone's booth and so generous of you to post them. I sadly, was so anxious and caught up in the excitement, wonder, of just being there among such talent that I skimped on pics. It was wonderful meeting you and your creations in person. I plan to post later today so come on by.

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

So nice to have met you at the show and what a fun day!!! Your work photographs beautifully Johanna, but to actually hold a piece to see the detail and quality of the sculpture and painting can't be surpassed!! Loved the opportunity to see so many of your lovely works on one table!
Laurie

KristenJ from ebay said...

I LOVE the owl! Owls are one of my favorites. He's awesome.

William Bezek said...

Thanks Johanna, for the pics and for including my table! I forgot my camera...too many things to remember. The pics are great!

The Captain said...

Wow that was like a trip through dreamland for me. I could very easily go bankrupt if I were to ever go to Halloween & Vine in person! Everyone's pieces were so amazing. I like the striped stockings.

Halloween Fanatic said...

Hey friend, Would you shoot me a picture of your "whole table" picture, so I can ZOOM in and see all the little pieces???

Looks great from a far...

jenny b harris said...

Looks like an incredibly fun event. Your owls are delicious! Thanks for sharing so many great photos, wish I could have been there myself.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Johanna, for taking all of these lovely photos and sharing them so that we have the flavor of the event! What a whimsical world of Halloween wonderfulness!

Kitty Forseth said...

Mornin Girlie!

What a fun treat to find your blog post this morning, wow the pics are wonderful! I will have to be there at opening again one of these years. It was fun to see everyone, and to see the level of talent and creativity rise yet once again!

I look forward to seeing your web sale, lucky for your internet friends that you still have anything to sell after your marathon of shows!

xoKitty

Terry Hirsch (Carrollton) said...

Looks like fun and lots bigger than Denver. Maybe next year I can make it to SFO... ;-)

vintagepaletteart said...

WONDERFUL!! Wish I could have went to see all that amazing art!

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Thank you, thank you , thank you!!!
Amazing work!

Melissa Valeriote said...

So that's what your table looked like before the siege. So happy that we get to meet up once a year. Someday I really must stay later after the crowds and spend more time chatting. You're always such a delight!

BRANDI MILNE said...

oooooooooo, ooooo, oooooooo!!! It all looks so festive and fun, I wish I coulda been there to see it all in person...Great job, you should be so proud!! Cheers & cheers to you my friend!

Lisa said...

Thank you Johanna, for taking us to the show, I've been waiting all week to see some goodies, Loved it all, and by the way, great shots.

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

love all the eye candy that you posted..I think I would have lost my mind there..I would love one of everything...truly a delight..:)

Iva Wilcox said...

Looks like it was a wonderful time for all Johanna!! Your months and months of work really shows. One day, we'll meet in person and chat. Thanks for all the wonderful photos and the trip through the hall.
Hugs...Iva

Chicken Lips said...

Thanks for sharing Johanna - these picks really do convey the amazing and diverse talented at the H & V Show. Your table looked amazing!!! Plus, love those leggings...LOL!

Leah's Art Magic said...

These are wonderful photos! It was so nice to meet and talk. You are such a talented lady! I didn't see that handsome owl, he must have flew out the door before I got over there!

Theresa Micheau said...

Always so exciting to see pics from this show. Ur table(s)look amazing and you are glowing in ur striped leggings. U goofball! LOVE IT!
XOXO

Dirt Princess said...

Hey! I love your creations! FAB! I just did a little post on you...hope thats ok! I found you on EHAG! I am in love with your owls! Although I don't really care for owls...I had one fly into my head once and knock me out...not a fun experience, but it is a great story!

Nancy Malay said...

It's so fun to see photos of all the artists work - Halloween & Vine is on my list of "must do" events.

Nancy

Artbyasm said...

Love your work! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and I love the vintage look of it! I am your newest follower! Come by anytime! Take care!

Annamaria